Friday, June 1, 2012

New generation of kids

I think the new generation of kids have become more disrespectful and lazier. I was born in 1988, so I grew up without the Internet and cell phones. As a child I went outside being active and having fun. When I needed to go to a friend's house, I would either ride my bike or walk. Once I was there, we would continue to play basketball and play outside.

Today's generation has so many things given to them. They're always indoors playing games and watching senseless cartoons. They never seem to get any exercise because the majority of them are couch potatoes. No one seems to motivate kids today, they let them do whatever they want. When children don't have guidance, they think they have the authority to do anything they want.

I didn't have a cellphone until I turned 17. It wasn't given to me, I had to purchase myself by getting a job. You see kids who are in middle school and possibly even younger having cellphones. When they have one that young, they don't understand the responsibility. They will always be on the phone talking and texting and going over the limit. They think they're adults because they have a phone and will do what they want.

I hope this trend of kids will disappear because if the future is trusted with today's children, then the future doesn't look promising. We need to teach children to be more active and give cellphone when they've become responsible enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment