Friday, May 25, 2012

Education and the Internet


If you think about it, Internet has helped the educational system throughout these past two decades. Students who want to do research on an assignment they're working on, all they have to do is browse the Internet. It's a lot easier than going to your local library and hoping to find the perfect book you're looking for. Also, before I applied to college, I used to Internet to look for schools that interested me. Most educational processes are required via Internet now. Registering for classes, applying to colleges, signing up for SATs, registering for grad school tests, and many more. The Internet can be very reliable incase of emergencies. If a school were to be effected by a natural disaster, students can still have a class on the Internet. Last semester, my professor had to go out of state for a meeting. He cancelled class but required the students to get to a computer and sign onto a chat and listen to his pre-recorded lecture. This was very easy to use and very accessible. If the Internet weren't available right now, I wouldn't be able to be in these two summer online class I am currently in.

No comments:

Post a Comment